About our Funding
We are funded entirely by grants and private donations. We are grateful to all the following funding organisations – Big Lottery, The Henry Smith Charity, John Lyon’s Charity, London Borough of Camden, St. Andrew Holborn Group of Charities, Four Acre Trust, Tanza Trust and Hampstead Wells and Campden Trust – who collectively provide the bulk of our funds. We have also been fortunate in securing the support of additional grants from The Big Lottery Awards for All, Volunteer Centre Camden and the Santander Foundation.
In addition we benefit from the support of a very active group of local people in Camden. If you would like to help too, please look at the different ways you can help us below.
Home-Start Camden is responsible for raising all the funds required to run our family support service.
What we do with our funds
As a small local charity, we aim to make every penny raised really count. Over 82% of our expenditure is spent on our experienced staff who support families in need; recruit, train and check for safeguarding purposes our new trainee volunteers; supervise and support volunteers once they are matched with families. the rest of our expenditure goes on promoting the service to local referring agencies, training materials, our office and training base in Kentish Town, working in partnership and raising the funds to keep our services going.
Why we need your help
Home-Start Camden offers families going through a difficult time in their life a helping hand when they need it most and cannot easily get out of their house. By matching struggling parents with trained volunteers with parenting experience we can prevent families getting into further stress and crisis. Over 20 years of experience in Camden has shown us that a little help at the right time is highly effective and can save enormously in the long run. Parents and volunteers regularly tell us what a real difference we have made to their lives and that of their children. Learn more from our evaluation and annual reviews.
As we have no government funding, we are entirely dependent on the generosity of funding institutions and the local Camden community.
Our main funders are:
- The Big Lottery Fund who have been supporting our home visit work since 2009
- The Henry Smith Charity who have been supporting our work with GPs and health visitors since 2009
- The St. Andrew Holborn Group of Charities who are supporting our work in Holborn.
- John Lyons Charities have been supporting us since 2009
- The Hampstead Wells and Campden Trust who have supported our work in Hampstead since 2010
- Four Acre Trust have supported our work since 2012
- London Borough of Camden are funding our core work from 2016
- Tanza Trust who have supported our work since 2013
Our Local Community Supporters
We have many local supporters who have been extremely generous in offering money and time to help us. We’d specially like to thank:
- Hampstead Parish Church, the Fitzdale Trust and the Fitton Trust
- Roddy Skeaping and the Foo-Wit Foo-Woos
- David, Nancy and Oliver Zeffman and the Highgate Philharmonia Orchestra
- The Earl of Listowel, Steven Foss and John Kennedy
- Belinda Low, Jane Fawcett, Liz Sturgeon and Emma Bell
- Joanna Terry, Sue Odell, Juliana Johnson and Sarah Jane Vernon
- Philip Pullman, Quentin Blake and Alastair Campbell
- Dame Margaret Booth and Mr & Mrs S Benson
- Doro Marden, Deborah Moggeh, Ian Mobbs and Stephanie Lee
- Oaxana Kozliouk, Dr Neville Pursell and Councillor Phil Jones
- Map Cafe and the Kentish Canteen
- Alan West and colleagues at Deutsche Bank
- Blake Gorst, Tammy Hull.