If you are a parent going through a difficult time, Home-Start Camden may be able to help by matching you and your family with a trained volunteer with parenting experience who can visit you at home 3-4 hours a week.
You need to:
- live in the borough of Camden
- have one or more pre-school children and
- be in need of a little extra help.
There are many reasons why you may choose Home-Start. Perhaps you are:
- feeling isolated, maybe with no family nearby and struggling to make friends
- suffering with post-natal depression and maybe finding it hard to talk to anyone about it
- having a hard time coping with your child’s illness or disability
- affected by the death of a family member
- struggling with the emotional and practical demands of twins, triplets or children under 5
- finding it hard to cope with relationship difficulties
- feeling exhausted or depressed
- coping with your own illness or disability
A carefully selected and trained volunteer, who has parenting experience can visit you regularly for 3-4 hours a week in your own home. Our volunteers are there to offer emotional and practical support. Our support is confidential, flexible and responsive to your needs and can include:
- being a listening ear
- adult company
- helping and playing with your children
- giving reassurance
- helping you to find out about and access other local amenities and services
- giving encouragement and motivation
- giving practical help
If you are a parent looking for support, please complete our referral form or phone us on 020 7424 1603. The form is simple; you can complete it yourself but please phone or call into our office if you need help with this or ask someone else such as your GP or health visitor to do it for you. The information you provide will help us ensure that the support you receive is appropriate and effective.
Once we receive your completed referral form we will contact you and arrange to visit to talk about how we can help you and your family. Home-Start Camden is an independent and confidential volunteer service – we only support you at your request.
See what our parents and volunteers are saying about Home-Start Camden. Go to our Testimonials page.